One of my favorite things to do is brand or “re-brand” a business. I love being a part of the beginning. The vision, and excitement, the collaborative effort, the potential. That part is fun. But there really is a lot that goes into it. It isn’t just a visual aesthetic. It’s about an identity. It’s about a message. It’s about your message to your audience.
I have come up with a list of questions that I ask businesses when they are wanting to brand, or are looking for a logo. These are just a few of the questions i ask, before I even get started:
1. What makes your business unique in your market place? Ie: Why should people buy from you?
2. What is your vision for your business?
3. Who makes up most of your current customer base?
4. Who are your three top competitors?
5. Where do you feel your business is succeeding?
6. What needs improvement?
8. What message do you want to communicate to your target audience?
Hopefully these will help anyone out there who is thinking about starting a business. It’s a good idea to keep these things in mind when you are going down that road.